Hello! Happy Friday (almost Saturday)!
I’ve been back on the Slimming World wagon for four whole days and so far so good. We’ll see how long I last this time! *Eye Roll*.
I’m hoping to share at least 1 of my favourite Slimming World recipes with you each week. This week, in case you haven’t guessed already, the recipe is Chocolate Orange Mini Meringues!
I’m an absolute sucker for anything remotely sweet and can demolish a chocolate bar like there’s no tomorrow. When I’m following Slimming World, I don’t ‘miss’ chocolate or sweet things because in all honesty you can have them, in moderation…and I do. But whenever I see a method for saving my syns whilst also indulging, I’m all over it.
So here you have it… 1/2 a syn each Chocolate Orange Mini meringues.
- 3 Large Egg Whites
- 120g Caster Sugar
- 1 Level Tsp Cream of Tartar
- 25g Dark Orange Chocolate
- Orange Food Colouring Gel
This was my first ever attempt at making any form of meringue and I knew they had a reputation for being a little difficult to make, so I was slightly apprehensive!
- Pop the oven to 110°C/fan and spray your baking trays with fry light.
- Put the egg whites in a bowl and beat with an electric whisk until the mixture is stiff. (Do the bowl over the head test, I dare you) Then add the sugar, 1 tbsp at a time and the cream of tartar.
- Grab a piping bag (or if, like me, you live in a household without a vast array of baking tools, a food bag with the corner chopped off will do. Improvisation at its finest). Squeeze the food colouring inside of the tip of the piping bag, then fill with the merangue mixture.
- Pipe 60 (or 30 larger ones for 1 syn each) small meringue kisses onto the baking trays, leaving about 1cm between each. Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes until crisp. Allow to cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate over a pan of simmering water, (or melt in the microwave, like me, for 30 seconds, because it’s easier!). Drizzle over the kisses…et voila.
Now, I have to give myself a cheer here and say I was pretty impressed with their aesthetics and their mouth-watering taste. Definatley something I’ll be making more often now I trust myself not to mess up the mixture!
If you’re like me and can’t resist a chocolate fix, these are great to satisfy the craving.
Thank you for reading!
Let me know in the comments what your favourite slimming world desert recipe is.
Follow my Instagram page here and keep up to date on what posts are coming onto my blog next!